28 January 2012

Face Forward

About a month ago, I purchased the Clarisonic Mia facial cleansing brush. It is a great product and a must buy! I bought it before our trip back east. The brush and charger pack easily and it was good that I began using it when my skin was first exposed to a cold winter climate.


The Mia brush retails for $119 and the Mia 2 is priced at $149. One of their claims is that using the brush removes "six times more makeup than manual cleansing." I honestly, cannot say how much more it removes, but with the naked eye (and based on makeup residue on my face cloth) it does remove a lot more than if I had simply washed my face by hand. I use it twice a day and so far it has kept my skin looking clean and smooth.


With the good fortune of a dermatologist in our family (and great ancestral genes) I have not had horrible problems with my skin, but I am definitely prone to occasional breakouts. Having a little one also made me a bit lax on my twice daily cleansing for a while, but now that I look forward to using the brush on my face, I am back to a more diligent routine.

What I like the most is that I can use the brush with any of of my own facial products. I did not feel compelled to buy their cleansers or serums, but I may give one a try along the way.

I picked mine up in a store (pink of course) but if you order a gift bundle online, you have the option to personalize each with free engraving

.

There are a few add-ons that you can buy, such as different brush heads, etc. but so far I have stuck with the basic brush and heads and like it as is. One day I may give the body brush a try too, but for now I am quite satisfied with the face brush.

rikki ragland,
the preppy debutante