08 November 2012

Junior League Red & White Party

My Junior League's largest fundraiser is the annual  'Neath the Wreath shopping extravaganza in Plano, Texas. Leading up to the event are a series of smaller ones, including our  Ladies Night Out Preview Party at Red Door a little while ago.

To kick off 'Neath the Wreath this week, we held a Red & White Preview Party. Below is the invitation, with a slight & very obvious alteration.


I put on my red Cowboy boots and red & white Tory tunic and headed for our biggest JL night of the year. 

When I arrived to the event, at the Plano Centre


I was greeted by some Plano firefighters, who were waiting to take photos with Leaguers before they walked inside. 




Once inside, there were wall to wall vendors offering anything from boots and clothing to candy and gourmet coffee. One of my favorite stops was at a booth of sorority items. I had not seen these popular Greek hairbands, which I have been told that undergrads often use as bracelets too. Running errands today, I threw one around my wrist and the other in my hair to show my PHI MU Lion pride. 


The booth also had washable cosmetic bags...of course, Greek-lettered. I always have an issue carrying my cosmetic brushes, while I am traveling, in bags that need to be thrown in the laundry by the end of my trip. With this bag, I can simply wipe it clean with a cloth. 

                                                                         
                               


My Phi Mu sister, fellow Junior Leaguer & friend, Connie & I walked the entire market together. It is always good to have another person's opinion before making an impulsive buy!

                                         


Since the event was for the League (it is now open to the public), we ran into a lot of fellow Sustainers along the way. We did more socializing than shopping during Ladies' Night, but fortunately for us, 'Neath the Wreath lasts all week long. 




Rikki Ragland  the preppy debutante