28 November 2012

Brooks Brothers holiday "candy"


I love Brooks Brothers! I wore their executive line a lot more when I was still working in the corporate world, obviously. Their clothing is classic and conservative and looks great on just about anyone and of course, make great gifts. 
I recently saw a shirt that I am putting on my wish list. Ironically, I have noticed that most of my BB pieces are navy blue, and this one is too. One would think that I would go far outside the blue box with brighter colors, but their navy blue is addictive. 


The shirt is very simple and can be worn with slacks as it is on the model, or would look really great paired with some riding pants and boots. The versatility makes it a nice staple item in a wardrobe.
Then I saw this sweater on Pinterest. It is a man's sweater, but everything about it is just perfect in my eyes. It is a nice pop of color and toggles and elbow patches make it go from a "want" to a "need."

This is one of my favorite watches, and one I tend to wear much more than my other ones. The ribbon band is interchangeable, so you can pair it up to your outfits regardless of color. Brooks Brothers' Madison scent is a great one and also comes with a travel spray for your handbag. Although, I alternate my perfumes, I use this one the most. 
These are just a few ideas for the holidays if you are still searching for a classic gift for the preppy in your life (or for your preppy self). You certainly cannot go wrong with anything from BB.




Rikki Ragland the preppy debutante