06 August 2011

Tide Responds

As many of you know, a few days ago I expressed how I felt about Tide's current commercial which shows a sassy, ignorant portrayal of Black women. I wrote to the company and told them the spot is insulting and they responded:

Thanks for contacting Tide, Rikki. We rely heavily on consumer comments regarding our advertisements, and feedback like yours will help us decide how to approach future advertising efforts. Please be assured I'm letting our marketing team know how you feel. Thanks again for writing.

Let's hope they truly take what I said into consideration, especially since I am not the only one who feels this way. In a Google search, I found a few blogs condemning the spot too and wonder when advertisers are going to pull their heads out of the 1930s...as seen by the vintage ads found here.

with preppiness,