16 August 2008

Le Marais, sil vous plait!

J’aime Paris. It is one of my favorite places on earth. I really enjoyed spending much of our time in Le Marais. It is filled with some amazing restaurants, including the Falafel Palace, where you can get a traditional Israeli meal for a great deal. There is no better place to be Jewish in Paris than in Le Marais. Aside from the fact that Goldenberg’s deli was closed (major disappointment), there were many great Jewish delis to choose from. Challah was abundant in the bakery windows just days before Shabbat. Most of the signs were written in both Hebrew & French, making the ultimate convergence of my two favorite languages. If I decide to finally move to Paris, rather than just saying that I will , you will certainly find me smack dab in the middle of Le Marais.