25 September 2008

It's All Greek to Me

One of the greatest decisions I have made in my life was to become a member of Phi Mu Fraternity. Founded in 1852 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia, Phi Mu has provided 156 years of amazing sisterhood. Once known as the Philomathean Society, the second oldest secret society for women, our sorority became Phi Mu in 1904. I had the honor of hosting a Phi Mu Foundation fundraiser video for breast cancer survivors and was a national convention speaker in 2006 in Nashville, TN. What an experience it was to look out into a sea of faces who were all my sorority sisters! On a particular flight from TX to MD several years ago, a flight attendant brought me a note from a passenger who was sitting in the back of the plane. I opened it and it said “Hi Phi Mu Sister, it is nice to see you on board!” I was wearing a pink Phi Mu jacket which I had embroidered in a store near SMU in Dallas, and it was my first time wearing it. How awesome it was to meet a sorority sister on the same flight, thanks to my jacket. Not only are Phi Mus everywhere, but GREEKS are all over the place! Now that you’ve heard about my Greek highlights, I want to hear about YOU! What fraternity or sorority do you belong to & what do you love the most about your organization? GO GREEK!!