23 March 2012

It's SPRING Y'all!

Spring came in quietly this year. It helps that our winter offered up mild temperatures nearly the entire season. Last year, I purchased a few winter items on clearance with the hope of wearing them this year. It didn't happen, because it was always to warm to wear them!

On the first official day of Spring, it rained, which at least gave me the chance to bring out the wellies and a trench coat...along with a few other items I was waiting to wear:

I just received my preppy debutante silver rose petal ring. Flower rings are HOT this season and are fun to wear.

I paired the ring with this silver dotted bracelet. A friend of mine wore the same combination, so I decided to try them together and really loved the look.

The necklace is actually three separate strands, so I removed two and simply wore the pearls. The neat thing is that you can also wrap a piece around your wrist to create a bracelet, or use two together to make a belt. There are a lot of different looks to be had with this one!


This is one of my favorite handbags that I picked up in Rome years ago. A stone's throw from the Spanish steps, along Via Francesco Crispi, is a little shop specializing in leather and I immediately fell in love with this faux croc bag.


My only regret is that I did not purchase it in multiple colors!

Vineyard Vines' Under the Sea sweaters are light weight and perfect for mild spring temps. This summer, I will pair it with white shorts and matching turquoise flip flops.


It looks as if our spring is quickly turning to summer, because the rest of the week is showing 80-85 degrees! Hello, sunshine.

Rikki Ragland
the preppy debutante