29 June 2008

Silver Wicket a Smashing Success!

Silver Wicket was amazing!! My sister & co-chair, LeAnita & I had a great time with a spectacular group of people. She and I resurrected an age-old tradition of our Woman's Club. It has been defunct for two years and we decided to bring it back. After spending a year last year as Junior League Sustainer Co-Chairs and New Member Chairs, prior to that, we put our "Wonder Twin Powers" to work yet once again. Needless to say, the day was gorgeous and then we had a major downpour right at the croquet kick-off. But it soon passed and the weather was perfect again. The court was flanked with Gatsby-esque attire and thanks to my Escada outfit, I won best dressed. We had some amazing classic and modern cars on the Green as well. My favorite was the Rolls Royce whose hood emblem would retract every time the car is locked & of course Mercedes through the years from classic to modern, including my own red sports model, which I have named Ralph Lauren (all of my cars have had men's names). Our event raised scholarship money for high school students. My niece & nephew were the youngest "croqueters" and did a fabulous job getting the ball through the wickets.