04 June 2008

Happy Birthday Giuseppe!

For 17 years of my life, we had a little black and white shih-tzu named “Giuseppe”, which is Italian for Joseph. Seppe received his name after my mother, sister & I went on holiday to Europe when I was 12-years-old. In Italy, we rode on a bus driven by a Roman named Giuseppe who drove us from Rome through the Swiss Alps. He was quite adorable and a very nice guy. Shortly after our trip, my mother surprised me with a puppy for my birthday. Struggling to give him a name, my sister blurted out “Giuseppe” and it stuck. Although Giuseppe is no longer with us, I think about him all of the time-especially this week because it would have been his birthday. Several years ago, I did a feature on NBC 5 in Dallas about Seppe for “Take Your Dog to Work Day”. Believe it or not, after doing the show, he had a heart attack that evening, survived and lived another two years! When he died he was 17-years-old. I hope you enjoy Giuseppe hard at work as a news reporter.