26 March 2012

Staying Neutral

I was sporting rather bold, pink nails until recently-thanks to my soon-to-be 13-year-old niece, Alex. One would think that a teenager would totally dig my brighter color (do people say "dig" anymore?), but Alex the fashionista turned me onto two neutral Essie colors: Mamba, a shimmering café au lait.
And the identical color, Buy Me a Cameo, a frosted satin mocha.
I mixed them once and liked it, but this time my manicurist did a double coat of Buy Me a Cameo. The color is very subtle, which is nice when I want to swing my wardrobe from red to pink to orange. I don't have to worry about any polish changes or clashing colors with this quiet Essie color.
What in the heck?! Sorry about that, but it looks like this blog entry was just interrupted by some sneaky little fingers trying to hijack my product during its photo shoot!
As I was saying, I really love this color & I think it will be nice to stay neutral for a little while. All because a junior fashionista helped to show me the light-a subtle one, of course. Thanks, Alex!

Rikki Ragland
the preppy debutante