06 August 2009

tony lamas from brenham

The BEST cowboy boots in the world are certainly Tony Lama boots. I bought mine at the Brenham Saddle Shop in Brenham, Texas, as I was traveling from Houston to Austin many years ago. My Lamas are more than just a pair of boots, they come from a city that is dear to my heart. My grandfather, "Doc", was from Brenham & was also the town's dentist and oral surgeon. My mother's family lived there for several years too. I go to Brenham every October to pay my respects to my great-grandparents who are buried there and drive past the area where their house once stood. That land now belongs to Blinn College and dormitories have been built in the place of our family home. Most people know Brenham as the home to the very famous & quite delicious Blue Bell Ice Cream. Every time I slip into my Tony Lama boots, I am putting on a lifetime of memories too.