07 March 2009

Les Soeurs Fideles

Today Phi Mu Fraternity chapters across the country celebrated Founder’s Day, honoring our three founding sisters, Mary Ann Dupont, Mary Elizabeth Myrick, and Martha Bibb Hardaway. Our organization is 157 years-old -this year. Founded at Wesleyan College in 1852 as the Philomathean Society, we have more than 150, 000 initiated sisters. I have never met so many incredibly accomplished women in one place. It is amazing how one can travel anywhere in the country and run into a fabulous Phi Mu sister! I have a Phi Mu castle That's filled with treasures old Of days I've spent with you my dear Phi Mu. I would not trade my castle for a million filled with gold For mine is far the richest of them all. Its windows sparkle and reflect The sunshine from within Each doors wide open to each true Phi Mu And if you have seen it too, then may I walk with you, Up the trail To my castle Of Phi Mu.