03 April 2011

Junior League Beauty

A few days ago, my Junior League of Plano was in the Pink! "Pink'd" is an event held at the Dallas Galleria which features several beauty experts from around the country. The event kicked-off with an intimate cocktail party behind the pink velvet ropes. The attire for the cocktail party is "pink-tastic" and everyone looked so lovely uniformed in such a beautiful color. Keeping with the theme, even the cocktails were a Preppy pink hue. Among the stylists and beauty consultants, Beverly Hills hairstylist,Elgin Charles, flew in for the event. You may also know him from his VH1 reality television show, "Beverly Hills Fabulous." Junior Leaguers and other party-goers received one-on-one consultations and took home little goodies to add to their at-home beauty routine. Door prizes were also given, and I received a fabulous spa certificate from Avalon Spa. To my surprise, my reaction to hearing my name called was captured by the "Paparazzo." It was a great night and I think I will put my winnings to good use by scheduling a much needed massage some time next week!