13 August 2008

A night in the Mediterranean-in my kind of town

I, of course, have an affinity for my hometown of Washington, D.C., but anyone can tell you that I consider NYC to be my personal “mecca”. My other “kind of town” as Sinatra would say, is the fun-filled Windy City of Chicago. Like DC & NYC, what I truly love about the city along Lake Michigan is the culture. You can find ANYTHING in Chicago when it comes to everything ethnic. Greek, Ethiopian, Cuban, Irish and hundreds of other cultures here offer up the best in their food, festivals , language and a total way of life. It is like being part of a submersion program without traveling too far from Michigan Avenue. One of my favorite foods is certainly Mediterranean & we spent an evening dining on Mediterranean cuisine and taking in the music all night! The only thing missing was the Sea and some Ahava. The night ended with a great cup of Turkish coffee in a relaxing lounge.