07 July 2008

Weekend in New England

During the 4th of July weekend I finally made it to the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard-at least to the front door, anyway! After college graduation (many moons ago), I began studying for the GRE with the ambition of going to KSG for a Master’s in Public Policy. That summer while on holiday in Maine, a chance meeting with Senator Kennedy changed all of that when he gave me an opportunity to work in his office. Afterwards, I became a political news reporter & remained in TV & public relations without continuing to grad school. Although I’ve been to Harvard & Cambridge before, I never walked down JFK Street to the KSG. It was also nice to waltz through the same courtyard & across the same campus my uncle walked through nearly 60 years ago as he attended classes, as well as my cousin in more recent years. I need to return for the Head of the Charles in October. I became hooked on crew when my brother rowed for Wharton. Go figure-a group of preppy business school guys racing against some of the most competitive teams in the country. It was quite a sight!